The Guildfords Group of Companies Award has been established in support of the Construction Association of Nova Scotia (CANS) 150th Anniversary “Building Futures” Campaign launched in recognition of the value of education and the role of the construction sector in the growth of Nova Scotia’s economy.
The Guildfords Group of Companies Award has been designed to celebrate the CANS’ 150th anniversary and create a permanent endowment that will provide opportunities for individuals interested in the construction sector to access educational opportunities at the Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC) and will help mitigate financial barriers or circumstances which might compromise the completion of their studies.
The award will be open to any full-time students entering or continuing in one of the following programs at any NSCC Campus:
- Building Systems Technician (HVAC&R)
- CAD Technician – Mechanical
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Construction Management Technology
- Electrical – Construction Industrial – Certificate
- Electrical – Construction Industrial – Diploma
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Metal Fabrication
- Pipe Trades
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning – Geothermal
- Welding – Certified
- Welding Inspection & Quality Control
Criteria: Good academic standing, Financial Need
Award is in the form of an education credit applied against the recipient’s account. Where there is no outstanding balance a refund will be issued directly to the recipient.
This is the first year for the Award which will be on-going. The deadline was October 17th and inaugural applicants’ submissions are currently being screened and reviewed by the NSCC. The successful recipient is expected to be announced in the near future.